Friday, October 14, 2016

Little Red Table Runner with Fort Worth Fabric Studio


I LOVE this week's Friday Bundle at Fort Worth Fabric: Little Red! Isn't the bundle just gorgeous! I always love shimmery and glittery fabric!



When I saw the metallic fabric plus cardinals...I knew it would be the perfect table runner for my Grandparents (my Grandpa makes bird houses and they love watching birds in the yard)! I used another block from the Holiday Wishes Book. I love how versatile and easy to follow her patterns are! Check out the mini tutorial below! I even made a bonus project ;)


Supplies:
4. 1 yard backing fabric
Optional: Alphabitties are super helpful and make sewing this pattern a breeze.

Table Runner  size approximately 15.5" x 72"


Cutting and Sewing

1. Make 3 blocks of Midnight Clear Block of the Month- Block 5 on pages 72-73.  I chose this block to highlight the cardinal fabric. For each block- substitute red fabric instead of background for 8 (C) squares.

Pattern Book
Middle Block


Left Block

Right Block
2.For each block- cut borders from chosen background fabric
(2) 2"x 12.5"
(2) 2" x15.5"

3. Sew borders on blocks. Each block should now measure 15.5" square (pictures above shows border)

4. Cut fabric for rectangles between blocks
A. Variety of Red Fabrics (4) 4.5" x 15.5" 
B. Metallic linen (I used) or Vincent VanGoh Notes (6) 1.5" x 15.5"

5. Sew as shown below




















6. Quilt and bind (I used the left over fabric to make a scrappy binding and chose to stipple my table runner.)


Bonus Project:
I sewed sixteen 2.5" squares together and made a matching hot pad! Because if you always need a matching hot pad :)


Here is my cute Grandma opening up the table runner!


I hope you have fun making this table runner for yourself or it would be a great gift too (my Grandparents LOVE it!).

Thank you again to Fort Worth Fabric Studio for having me create a project with this fabulous Little Red bundle!!! Be sure to grab your bundle here and book here. Tag your projects on social media with #sewingwithfwfabricstudio and @fwfabricstudio and me @mellierc

Have a great day !

Melanie


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful runner and great fabric choices! Mumbird3(at)gmail(dot )com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful runner!! And I love the picture of your Grandmother!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!